Loopy Apple – Apple Peeler – Corer – Slicer in Four Colors
Moms, do you know that your child’s palate is formed by age three? It’s never too early to encourage kids to make healthy choices! Peeling apples is easier with your new loopy apple peeler, so making healthy apple snacks for your kids is easier too.
- 2 apples, medium
- Lemon juice, fresh squeezed in bowl
- 18 caramels + 2T water
- Handful dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- Wash, core and thinly slice apples.
- Douse them in lemon juice to retain color.
- Assemble barely overlapping slices in a circular pattern on a colorful plate.
- Put caramels and water in a microwaveable bowl.
- Nuke on high about 10 minutes; stir every 30 seconds.
- Drizzle over apples.
- Top with remaining ingredients.
Substitute 3T of store bought sauces – white chocolate, raspberry, mango, etc. – for caramels. Replace almonds with: walnuts, peanuts, pecans or shredded coconut.
Always be mindful of allergies when creating dishes such as this one or serving them to kids who may be visiting or playing.